The Malaysian Psychometrics Association was created to serve a number of complementary goals. They are comprehensively listed in the MPA Constitution. These objectives are:
- To provide a platform for the dissemination of ideas, standards, knowledge and experiences in the field of psychometrics.
- To encourage research in the field of psychometrics and to share research findings.
- To publish research articles on the application of psychometric models as well as statistical methods and mathematical techniques for the evaluation of psychological, educational and social sciences data.
- To further knowledge and expertise in all fields of human assessment, including educational testing, psychological assessment, talent evaluation and social sciences research.
- To promote the application of psychometric procedures in various fields such as education, human resources, ICT, medical, etc.
- To promote members’ professional development.